August Highlighted Hike
Stone Bridge Loop Trail
Manassas Battlefield National Park
* 1.1 mile circuit hike on a wide trail with crushed gravel and raised wooden walkways.
* The hike has one moderate hill to ascend and descend, hiking clockwise or counter-clockwise. Each has steps that are widely spaced.
* After the Stone Bridge, turn right or left to start the circuit hike.
* An extra 1/4 of a mile may be added to the hike passed the Van Pelt Site along the field to Bull Run (hiking counter-clockwise).
* Hike both in the woods and open field.
* Trailhead and parking lot on Rt. 29 two miles east of Sudley Rd.
* Trail map.
This circuit hike is appropriate for all ages because it is short and jogging stroller passable for toddlers. However, it can be a section of a longer hike for children elementary age and older.
What is fun for kids?
* Easy access to Bull Run to play in the stream or throw rocks.
* Great Civil War interpretive signs of the First Battle of Manassas. Being able to use the natural environment to play act the battle.
* Activities in the Park: Stone House, Henry House, and the museum and movie about the Civil War at the Visitor's Center.
* No bathrooms at the trailhead/parking lot.